Sunday, September 23, 2012

Bits and Pieces

Another photo of stuff in progress. It's a lot of fun to have a box of "parts", in this case clay tiles I've made, and pick and sort through them to assemble things like these brooches and bookmarks.


Both items are a new thing for me. I have a lot of buttons that are too large for bracelets in the way I currently make them, but I still wanted to combine my clay tiles with them for something interesting. The bookmarks are nice little pieces, and I have enough variety in the clay tiles to match the buttons pretty well.

The brooches are also really fun to make. I've got striped tiles that I love to make, and I combine them with the solid texture tiles. They are about 2" (5.08 cm) across. I ordered a bunch of brooch backs, which are on their way from China as I type this. I like to buy "local" as much as I can, but findings like brooch backs all come from China anyway, it seems.



9 comments:

  1. Nice! How do the bookmarks work? Are they paperclip-style or magnetic?

    BTW, a file, sandpaper, maybe a rotary tool and the appropriate wire, and you can make your own brooch backs! Or at least the pin backs, which should be easy enough to sandwich between a tile and a bit of raw clay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Alison. I've got a bunch of large paperclips with pads to glue the buttons/tiles onto. Ugh, I know I should make an effort to make some findings myself, but I run out of time. Now, if you could come up with some cool wire-twisted book marks with a place to glue my tiles, we should talk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pssst, there's a going to be a surprise for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're tops, Ms. J! Thank you so much!

      Delete
  4. Hopping over from Jacqueline's blog. I love your box of goodies. I collect buttons and I love your oversize ones.
    I am sure you can make wonderful things with the materials you have there. B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and for your kind words. I'm not trying to get a button collection as I purchase bunches of them off of Ebay, but then I find some that I like too much to make something out of. Hmmm.

      Delete
  5. Congrats on your award ... new follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you, and thanks for visiting.

      Delete

Thanks for your comment. I've turned on Comment Moderation, so your comment may not appear immediately. I did this so you don't have to do that verification thing :-)